Review of Waitrose Pure Shampoo & Conditioner

Tuesday 23 May 2017




Having curly hair means that you are forever searching for the miracle product that will give you the perfect princess ringlets. I’ve tried countless products over the years and have found the best approach is to try and stop my hair from getting dry in the first place. 

On of the biggest changes I’ve made is to stop using shampoo with sulphates in as they can strip the hair of moisture. I made the switch about 3 years ago and have tried various different brands. 

While there are now quite a few brands on the market a lot of them tend to be quite expensive. Even the cheaper options can cost around £5-7 for a pretty small bottle. When you have as much hair as me you can get through them at an alarmingly rapid pace and the cost soon starts to add up. 

I’ve been looking for a more budget friendly option for a long time when I spotted these in Waitrose the other day. Honestly who knew Waitrose was such a treasure trove of own brand beauty products?

The shampoo costs £1 for 250ml which is pretty excellent value. 
I’ve spotted a lot of negative reviews complaining that this doesn’t lather well but this is often the case with sulphate free shampoos (and it even states this on the back) so I don’t think these reviews are very fair. The whole POINT is they don’t contain sodium laureth sulphate which is the ingredient that causes products to lather.
 
I found that this left my hair feeling clean and soft, without feeling stripped. It does produce a gentle lather but if you’re not accustomed to SLS free shampoos it might seem like a lot less than you’re used to. It rinses out well easily and hasn’t irritated my scalp.

Before I purchased this shampoo I had to make do with some normal shampoo that Jared was using for a couple of washes as I had run out. I noticed I had an incredibly itchy scalp with a lot of dandruff. I even had a few scabs in some places. The Waitrose shampoo has cleared this up in a couple of washes and my scalp is now back to normal. I can only assume that I was irritated by something in Jared’s shampoo. 

I picked the Dry & Damaged conditioner as I’m always trying to moisturise to prevent frizz. This is £3 for 250ml which is still excellent value.  This is a no frills conditioner that left my hair easy to brush and feeling soft. When my hair dried the curls were nicely defined with minimal frizz. In short this performed as well as some more expensive products I was using.

Both the shampoo and conditioner are free from fragrance, sulphates and parabens so they are ideal for those with sensitive skin. They are also suitable for vegans and are cruelty free so should appeal to a wide range of people. 

If you are looking for a good value shampoo and conditioner that is also kind to your hair I would highly recommend this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan