Trip to Bedford for my cousins 21st

Sunday 12 October 2014

Had a fantastic day yesterday visiting my cousin for her 21st birthday. This is particularly significant for me as we are only 6 weeks apart in age. We had a really lovely day and enjoyed a scrummy meal at The Flying Horse which I would highly recommend.

It was well worth getting up early to get the train home, despite missing the bus and having to run the 20min walk to the station with a heavy bag that was moments away from splitting only to arrive and find the train was delayed. This is why having a car is very high on my wishlist because you don't have to rely on shitty public transport.

As I had overslept I literally only had time to shower and my plan of doing all makeup and getting changed on the train went out of the window as instead of catching the little local service from Southampton to Salisbury that nobody ever uses I stupidly decided to get a train that went all the way from Portsmouth to Cardiff and was only THREE coaches long. What is this madness? As a result it was rammed and I didn't dare move or I would have lost my seat next to a man playing his music far too loudly and crunching cheese and onion crisps at whatever ungodly hour I was up enjoying this stress on a Saturday morning. Managed to go from this mess to looking not to bad.

It all turned out ok though, I got ready at lightning speed and we had a fabulous day. A big Happy Birthday to Stephanie! Can't believe you're 21 or that I will soon be too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan