Redecorating update

Monday 6 November 2017


I have an announcement to make. We have FINALLY finished painting. I am so relieved to hang up my paint brush for a good long while.

It has taken us three weeks in total to decorate four rooms in the house from top to bottom and it has been hard work. We've spent every evening and weekend working on it. Not to mention most of my lunch breaks at work being spent racing into town to pick up more supplies.

But yes, the painting is done. We did the two upstairs rooms simultaneously as they were both being painted one solid colour, which makes the job much easier.

Jared has taken the last few Fridays off work and spent the day solidly working on the house. I'm so glad he did as this has accelerated our progress massively. 

The main bedroom is painted Johnstone's 'Tori', which is a soft dove grey that I am obsessed with. It's the stuff of Pinterest dreams. The spare room had a different colour on every wall so we have decided to try and freshen the room up a little. We've gone for Crown's 'Clay White', which actually is not that white at all, as it has a very soft lilac undertone. I'm really pleased with how they have both turned out. 


We finished painting the skirting boards in the spare room a few Saturday's ago (this post has been a while in the making as I've been very busy) and that was us totally finished. So I spent the afternoon in town with my Mum looking at dressers for the kitchen.

I decided I wanted one as soon as we chose the paint colour for the kitchen (Farrow & Ball 'Mizzle' in case you wanted to know). Our kitchen may be small, but we are going for a modern farmhouse feel. I've been on the hunt for a petite dresser to fit the room ever since.

We finally found one in the Salisbury Emporium, which is an amazing shop as it's kind of like being inside the Room of Requirement. The dresser was reasonably priced and only 3 foot wide. It's a gorgeous vintage style and I absolutely love it. I've always wanted one and never thought I would be able to get one to fit the room. It looks amazing in the kitchen and fits the space really well.

I'm not entirely sure if I want to repaint it or not. I guess we'll see how I feel about it in a few weeks as right now I can't face doing anymore painting. I am planning to repaint the kitchen table cream, but we'll leave that as a project for another day as well.

I think the room I'm most proud of is the front room as it now looks a lot warmer and more inviting instead of a bit bland and sterile.The two long walls are painted a very neutral cream and the two side walls are each one shade darker, with the darkest shade being next to the fireplace. We wanted this to be the focus of the room and to help the room feel less long and thin.
 
We spent a day cleaning up all the mess we've made painting. Everything had a fine layer of dust all over it, plus our painting gear had spread itself all over the house. So we've rounded everything back up and given everything a quick wipe over.

So that's the painting finally done! More updates to come on moving in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan