Bronze Holiday Make Up

Thursday 13 August 2015

I always find packing for trips really stressful. No matter how good a list I make I always agonize over what to take and what to leave behind. This time for my trip to Crete I decided I was going to take as little make up as possible for minimal fuss. However since I got home I've been using the same products all the time to recreate that holiday feeling.

The look I was going for was a natural, glowing gold look as I tan very easily and I wanted to take products that would work with this.

For my base I wanted something light but with as a high an SPF as I could find so that I wouldn't have to layer too many products on my face. I went for the Clinique Anti Blemish solutions BB cream as its specifically designed for use on oily skin and has SPF 40. The formula of this is very thin and runny so you only need to use a small amount of product and it gives a lovely even coverage. My only issue with this is due to its thin consistency it can be quite messy and the inside lid of mine is covered in product. I have the colour medium and I find it to be an excellent match but the shade range is limited and could be too orange for those on the paler side. I am a massive Clinique fan and have always found their products to work well for me. If you are olive skin toned with oily or spot prone skin then this is well worth a try.

For my cheeks I used my Max Factor Creme puff blush in Seductive Pink combined with my Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. This gave a really soft golden glow and was perfect with a tan.

I get really bad bags under my eyes so used my Benefit Puff Off as a lighter alternative to concealer. This stuff is great because the gel is cooling but also has a slight pink shimmer to counteract the purple tones. The cool feel of the product combined with the salmon tint really does help to hide them. Most of the time the only other eye make up I wore was my Maybelline lash sensational mascara. When this first launched everyone was going on about how it was a dupe for Benefits Roller Lash and having tried both I have to say it is a pretty close match. If you're a fan of roller lash this is definitely worth a try as its so much cheaper.

There was only a few nights where I wore anything other than mascara as most of our evenings were very relaxed. I wanted a really simple eye look to continue with the gold theme so used my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette focusing on Suspect or YDK combined with other various shades to create a soft shimmery smokey eye.

I decided to pass on wearing anything on my lips other than my nivea lip balm as it was just too hot for sticky lipgloss or to have lipstick sliding about everywhere.

The thing I love best about this look is it takes a few minutes to create which also makes it perfect for wearing to work now that I am back in the UK. Now I am home I'm teaming this with a nude lip and my hair in a french braid to continue with the relaxed feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan